Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - How to Treat it Naturally?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is an overall traumatic situation related to frequent motion and the consistent use of the fingers or wrists using low-intensity/high-frequency movements. It is among the frequently found peripheral neuropathies that have affected many adult human beings. Biologically carpal tunnel is a pretty tiny opening that remains just below the wrist, it is in the connection point of arm and hand.
This opening zone lets the median nerve to move from the bones and muscles of the forearm to the palm, thumb, and fingers. Considering the tiny size of the passage, it is susceptible to put pressure and sometimes inflammation. There remains every threat of it causing an extreme level of pain which eventually can affect usual motion.
What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- Finding it tough to move the concerned hand or arm normally.
- Difficulty to make a fist.
- Insensitive feeling or lack of sensitivity around the position of the hand.
- Itches around thumb; specifically at the first three fingers.
- Itchiness get unbearable at a specific time in the evening or morning.
- Pain occurring at shoulder regions.
- The weakness of hand or feel of lacking the strength to move hands properly.
Symptoms of pain starts from moderate to extreme.
What are the Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- Any kind of posture that causes strains on tissues and tendons of the fingers and wrists.
- Weak bones of the hands and wrists.
- Imbalanced fluid level.
- Exposure of hands to constant vibrations.
- Too much stress on hands and fingers.
- Issues around joint areas.
- Wrong postures at workplaces, while playing, etc.
- Non-stop use of hands at a specific work.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Lack of vitamin B6 in the body.
How to Avoid Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Taking a break from work for a little time to stretch the hands to relieve tension and enhance the blood flow is one of the finest ways of avoiding Carpal Tunnel. These exercises are ways to help maintain pressure and inflammation as low as possible, specifically when one has to stay at a certain posture for longer hours.
Moreover, one must ensure they are using the equipment at the workplaces correctly. Carpal Tunnel is mostly caused by using computer keyboards and the mouse wrong. Hence, it is essential to address these things and take a break in between the workload. Here are some exercises you can use as both a preventative measure and as a treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome.
What should one do suspecting CTS?
One should not delay upon finding out about any of the mentioned above symptom as things get worse with passing the time. Moreover, one should consult only doctors with this speciality for the best result. These patients are generally asked to undergo the electrophysiological test at the initial level. Sometimes different kinds of stretches are recommended on the concerned for proper diagnosis.
Upon being ensured about carpal tunnel syndrome, specific types of wrist support braces are recommended while working and while sleeping. The patients might be asked to undergo surgery as well during worse occasions. However, the good news is that carpal tunnel syndrome can be treated naturally!
How to Cure Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Naturally?
It’s not always necessary for a person to think of surgery every time upon becoming the victim of Carpal Tunnel. It can be treated naturally as well. All that it needs is to do things in proper posture and methods. Doing the simple things as given below can also bring great change.
This is a must recommendation for people who often have to deal with consistent weight lifting or extreme physical works. One should follow the right postures in this regard to avoid chronic lower back pain. Wrong postures are the prime reasons behind muscle straining. Moreover, one should take proper and timely rest, in between and after the works.
Regular practice of CTS exercises and stretch practices
There are hand movements specifically recommended for people dealing with CTS which is a great way to restore range of motion and healthy circulation to the carpal tunnel. Such exercises should be practiced regularly to get lower back pain treatment. Mostly, one must do these before they start their work day, in between their work and after completion of their work. One may do these two to three times at least in a day while being at home.
The proper stretch for your hand is certainly one of the best ways of addressing carpal tunnel issues. Stretches are mostly effective against inflammation issues. However, it is advised to be careful about not stretching too much.
You can see some examples of these exercises and stretches as given below.
Have Anti-Inflammatory diets
Inflammation can be greatly treated through a proper diet. It is thus advised to have foods those are rich in omega-3s, vitamins, and minerals.
It is highly advised to avoid processed foods the more it is possible. The likes of baked foods, soft drinks, alcohol, foods rich in sugar and salt, flour, and animal fats should be avoided. Such foods should be taken as least as possible.
Emphasis should be more towards green vegetables to up your nutrients to enhance nutrient levels in the body, address inflammation and provide Omega 3 fatty acid. One must take juice regularly for greater health. Most importantly, one must drink sufficient water to remove body wastes.
Vitamin B6 deficiency is certainly among the foremost reasons behind CTS. At the same time addressing CTS, Vitamin B6 holds the ability to heal nervous issues as well. One must consult doctors before deciding about the right amount or dose of Vitamin B6. It is equally recommended for people suffering from severe lower back pain.
Bromelain is an enzyme one can get adequately in pineapple. It is quite known for its characteristic to heal inflammation issues. People suffering from CTS are recommended to take around 500mg of Bromelain on a regular basis. It can be taken with various other anti-inflammatory supplements as well for a greater outcome.
- The proper balance of Calcium & Magnesium
Calcium and magnesium deficiency is said to be the prime reasons behind inflammatory issues. It’s not just about fulfilling calcium and magnesium need of the body; rather, it is equally important to maintain a proper balance between the both. This desired balance between the two can avoid the muscular strain and similar issues. It works fantastic for nerve related issues as well.
- White Willow Bark
White willow bark can work fantastic for addressing inflammation and pain issues. It too enhances the blood flow rate of the body.
Homeopathic for CTS
Arnica 30c can incredibly heal the CTS issues upon being taken immediately and consistently. It starts showing the difference only within a couple of days after taking it, as per the recommendation of the doctors.
Causticum is an equally effective homeopathy medicine, known for its ability to address enduring carpal tunnel issues. Specifically, it holds a great ability to address the intense pain occurring, along with the issues of the body or muscular stiffness.
This is one of the most effective medicines that work fantastically against regular nerve issues those appear among people with CTS issues.
Rhus Toxicodendron can be excellent against body aches and stiffness occurring in the body during CTS.
Ruta too is well known for its effective result towards the stiffness and pains occurring in the body due to CTS.
Apart from homeopathy and exercises, acupressure holds a proven effect on CTS and other concerned issues. It is one of the simplest, yet most effective ways of addressing these issues. People who want to heal carpal tunnel issues in the most naturalistic way, without involving medicines or spending long hours of exercise can find this excellent. Not just about healing CTS, it can be equally excellent towards healing pain and inflammation issues as well. Acupressure holds proven record towards severe lower back pain issues as well.
Apart from these, below are some of the proven natural methods of healing CTS issues in quickest possible time.
- Make sure your finger and wrist are getting adequate relaxation; one should not wait to find a symptom of CTS for this. Rather, it should be a regular habit.
- Correct your sitting posture, posture of handling your mouse and keyboard at work, as well as the system. These things should also be taken care of on regular days itself; rather than waiting until the issues get serious.
- One must try a chiropractor. They are simply incredible regarding correcting the alignment of wrist bones ensuring that the carpal tunnel isn’t being sensitized or hurt due to improper positioning.
- People working at cold conditions should take needful steps towards keeping the body, especially the hands and wrists hot. It is advised to keep the entire body hot. Because muscle stiffness is genuine in cold conditions, it is recommended to take special care for people having cold allergies, or those who often become an easy victim of cold diseases. Relaxation exercises and other stretches as recommended above should be practiced regularly.