How can I slow down CMC arthritis naturally?
There are a few things that you can do to slow down your CMC arthritis naturally. They are:
- Keep moving: Try not to hold one position for a long duration. While working at your desks, for example, move up from your seat and stretch every now and then. This is also applicable while sitting at home as well.
- Identify your strength: Engage your most robust joints and muscles. To save your fingers and wrist joints, push open those heavy doors using the sides of your arms and shoulders. To decrease the hip or knee pressure on the stairs, put the strong leg up and the weak leg down.
- Plan ahead: Try to simplify and organize your daily chores to decrease movements that are hard and painful. Only do the necessity daily activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and hobbies.
- Use devices and adaptive aids: There are several simple gadgets and devices to make your life easier. They would help you to perform almost all the daily activities, such as cooking, gardening, and getting dressed. For example, long-handled grippers will help grip and retrieve those objects in your shelves. There are rubber grips to help you have a better grip on faucets and silverware. Likewise, there are a variety of aids to help people with arthritis.
- Ask for help: Patients with arthritis are more likely to worry about becoming dependent on their family and friends. However, remember that only a small ratio of people with the condition becomes seriously disabled. But still, the emotional burden of dealing with arthritis is significant. Make your family members and friends understand how arthritis has affected you, and don't hesitate to ask for help whenever you need.