Should I see a specialist for lower back pain?

After the results of your diagnosis, your general physician may refer you to a specialist, generally an orthopedic, rheumatologist, neurologist or any pain specialist. However, the general physicians will be able to cure your pain if it is due to general muscular spasm or a related cause. In addition to the doctors, many of the patients even visit a consultation physiotherapist or a chiropractor or an osteopath. These specialists will help in diagnosing some of the typical back problems, exercises and stretching, mobility, posture correction, etc. These osteopaths, chiropractor or the physiotherapist do not need any referrals from your GP