What is the name of the doctor that treats your knees?

In most of the cases, knee pain can be examined and treated by a primary care physician itself. However, if your knee pain needs surgery or the cause of your pain requires further evaluation, you will be directed to an orthopedic surgeon. In the case of arthritis, gout, or any other inflammatory joint problems, you will have to consult a rheumatologist.