Why is poor posture harmful?
Poor posture can be harmful because:
- Wrong posture can disturb the alignment of the spine and knees, which in turn, can increase the stress on the knees. This is worse if you have arthritis.
- Retaining poor posture while being seated for long hours daily can lead to problems in circulation.
- Poor posture can affect your level of energy negatively.
- It can also affect your mood as suggested by research.
- TMJ or temporomandibular joint syndrome can be caused by poor posture.
- Poor posture can compromise your breathing abilities.
- The natural curvature of the spine can be compromised by bad posture, which in turn, can cause headaches. Bad posture can also cause tight neck.
- Poor posture can cause shoulder pain.
- Too erect position, also known as “military position”, can causes back pain, thus causing the lower back muscles to stress too hard.
- Poor posture can adversely affect sexual function.