What are signs of bad posture?
Watch out for these 7 signs of bad posture that are very common:
- A very common sign of bad posture is a forward head carriage. A proper posture is where the ear hole sits over the middle of the shoulder.
- Slumped shoulders, also known as rolled shoulders, are yet another sign of bad posture. This is mainly due to long hours of sitting in a position where you lean forward and stare at the PC.
- Increased Kyphosis is an increase in the curve between the shoulder blades through the mid-back. The extreme form of this could be termed as Hunchback.
- Sometimes bad postures lead to a forward tilt in the pelvis. This is known as anterior pelvic tilt.
- If the posture leads to a backward tilt in the pelvis, it is termed as posterior pelvic tilt. The occurrence is more frequent in men.
- One of your shoulders appearing to be higher than the other is another sign of bad posture.
- Flat feet, which refer to the disappearance of the arches in the feet, are also a sign of bad posture. This can alter the biomechanics of the whole body.